- Joplin, MO, USA
- Full Time
Landmark Hospital of Joplin has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Quality and Risk Management. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced quality and patient safety professional who loves to teach and educate others on continuous process improvement and to facilitate high reliability!
Are you ready to move up to the next level where you can still make a difference by ensuring quality and the best for our patients and employees?
We are a private, small LTAC hospital with 30 beds where we are truly one team working together in a positive environment. There is not an Emergency Room here, so our days are more predictable and planned meaning better work/life balance. With the average length of stay around 25-30- days, we get the privilege of having a more meaningful connection with our patients and actually being able to see them recover.
As a key member of the senior management team, the Director of Quality and Risk Management has responsibility for developing and implementing patient safety initiatives, assuring success of continuous quality enhancement initiatives, developing a proactive risk management program, and overseeing an effective infection prevention and control program.
- Monitoring and analyzing statistical data using a variety of quality tools to guide process improvement (i.e. RCA, FMEA, LSS)
- Use process improvement strategies and benchmarking to ensure a highly reliable organization
- Collaborates with clinical staff and management for prevention of risks throughout the facility that support a culture of safety
- Serve as a resource and consultant for patient safety, process improvement, policy and procedure development and compliance initiatives
- Assures compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards and ensures they are continually upheld
- Develop and lead educational activities to enhance understanding of quality and safety initiatives
- Develops strong working relationships with clinical staff, medical staff and administration to facility the delivery of quality care
- Management of several databases, data abstraction and timely submission of mandatory quality data
- Lead the Quality/Patient Safety and Infection Prevention and Control Committees and provide routine reports to the Medical Executive Committee and Governing Board
- RN license in State of MO
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in quality, risk management and/or infection control/prevention
- Strong Clinical background with hospital experience
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards
- Background in training and education on the use of quality and process improvement methodologies with the ability to influence all levels of staff members
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Products and database management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Certification in Infection Control or ability to obtain within (2) years of hire
- CPHQ preferred
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.