- Murray, UT, USA
- Full Time
Landmark Hospital of Salt Lake City has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Health Information Management (HIM) to join our dedicated and professional team, where we are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients and those we serve.
Summary: The Director of Health Information Management (HIM), reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the Corporate Director of HIM, is accountable for the performance of the hospital's health information management functions including coding. Responsible for maintenance of health information in compliance with federal and state laws, and regulatory and accrediting agencies' standards. Must be willing to do coding and have inpatient coding experience.
- Manages and performs hospital inpatient coding, concurrent coding reviews, DRG assignment, and clinical documentation improvement (CDI) processes
- Serves as hospital Privacy Officer ensuring that record-keeping and information use and disclosure comply with HIPAA regulations
- Responsible for overseeing confidentiality, managing release of information, information storage and retrieval, record retention, authorship and authentication of health record documentation, standardization of medical vocabularies, and use of classification systems
- Maintains corporate standards for coding, data quality, and ethical practice including the implementation and execution of ICD-10 coding rules and regulations
- Oversees and implements all policies and procedures related to healthcare information management
- Supports and facilitates clinical, administrative and external data use functions
- Monitors and reports key revenue cycle metrics critical to meeting organizational goals
- Ensures accuracy and efficiency in the medical record department
- Reviews processes and identifies areas for best practices while taking into consideration user needs
- May act as liaison between information technology department ensuring that systems are accessible and in accordance with the needs of the organization
- 2+ years recent management experience in a Health Information department, preferably in a long term acute care hospital setting
- RHIA or RHIT credentials
- Excellent coding skills and prior knowledge and background in revenue cycle management to include internal auditing programs
- Knowledge of ICD-10 coding rules and regulations
- Prior experience utilizing healthcare information technology, encoder applications, transcription platforms, electronic medical records
- Strong communication skills; written, verbal and presentation
- Critical thinking, organization and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective collaborative relationships with the medical staff
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to identify, nurture, and retain talented individuals
- Strategic thinker, self-motivator, possesses experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to work closely and effectively with a close knit management team
- Broad, general management business perspective with a strong sense of organizational behavior
- Ability to "roll up the sleeves" and work alongside other team members inside and outside the medical record department
Landmark Hospital of Salt Lake City, which opened in May 2013, is the premier Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital in the area. The new facility features a state of the art building and the latest in medical diagnostic and treatment services. Landmark Hospitals offers an excellent benefits package, competitive salaries and a generous paid time off plan!
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.