- Joplin, MO, USA
- Full Time
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Landmark Hospital of Joplin is searching for LPN's with ICU or Medical-Surgical experience to join our team!
We are a private, small LTAC hospital with 30 beds where we are truly one team working together in a positive environment. There is not an Emergency Room here, so our days are more predictable and planned meaning better work/life balance. With the average length of stay around 25-30 days, we get the privilege of having a more meaningful connection with our patients and actually being able to see them recover.
Summary: Provide in-depth clinical expertise under the direction of the RN. LPN's are responsible for the assessing, planning, delivery and evaluating of each level of nursing care provided to patients throughout their stay. Will also actively plan for the management of patient outcomes across the continuum of care.
Will work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Wound Care, Dietary Therapy, Social Work and Dialysis.
- Conduct comprehensive patient assessments
- Provide direct care for patients and management of their conditions under the direction of a Registered Nurse, particularly with regard to vital signs, lab work, and education
- Collaborate with Physicians, RN's and various disciplines within the hospital in order to manage patient care
- Contributes to the safe and effective operation of the nursing unit
- Interact and communicate with patient family members
- LPN License (state of MO)
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to assess patients quickly in emergency situations in stressful environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team, detail and goal oriented
- Positive, professional and empathetic demeanor
- Acute care and/or LTAC experience preferred
About us: Landmark Hospital of Joplin is the premier Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital of the four states area. This hospital has built a solid reputation for providing the very best patient care and excellent customer service. Join our team, where everyone, including the CEO, knows your name!
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Keywords: ICU, CCU, medical, surgical, hospital, LPN, licensed practical nurse, LTAC, LTACH, acute care