- Cape Girardeau, MO, USA
- Full Time
Landmark Hospital of Cape Girardeau is the premier Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital of the four state area. This hospital has built a solid reputation for providing the very best patient care and excellent customer service. Discharge planners who refer patients to Landmark say their patients return from their stay at Landmark with rave reviews, and are highly satisfied with their experience. This excellence is due to the tireless efforts of the highly experienced and competent staff of physicians, nurses, other clinicians, and support personnel, who are dedicated to being the best at what they do.
Summary: Responsible for the assessing, planning, delivery and evaluating each level of nursing care provided to patients throughout their stay. Will also actively plan for the management of patient outcomes across the continuum of care. Assist in the treatment of acutely ill patients with life-threating conditions, in settings requiring continuous vigilance, complex assessment, and high-intensity therapies and interventions.
Working with the patients and their families, RNs strive to create healing, humane and caring environments while also focusing on patient advocacy, working in settings such as intensive care units and cardiac care units, where patients require complex assessment, high-intensity therapies and interventions, and continuous nursing vigilance.
Will work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Wound Care, Dietary Therapy, Social Work and Dialysis.
- Conducting comprehensive patient assessments
- Providing care for patients and management of their conditions, with regard to vital signs and lab work
- Collaborating with Physicians and various disciplines within the hospital in order to manage patient care
- Assisting the medical staff with in-house procedures
- Interacting and communicating with patient family members
- RN License (MO)
- Minimum 1 year of ICU &/or TCU (stepdown) experience
- Hospital experience
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to assess patients quickly in emergency situations in stressful environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team, detail and goal oriented
- Positive, professional and empathetic demeanor
Join our team, where everyone, including the CEO, knows your name!
Keywords: ICU, CCU, medical, surgical, hospital, RN, registered nurse, LTAC, LTACH