- Naples, FL, USA
- Full Time
Landmark Hospitals is committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients and those we serve. Landmark Hospital of Southwest Florida currently has an exciting opportunity for a RN Operating Room Circulator to join our dedicated and professional team.
Using specialized nursing skills, knowledge and judgment, the RN-OR is responsible for providing safe, quality care for patients receiving treatment in the OR. In collaboration with other members of the multi-disciplinary care team, the RN-OR competently performs a variety of tests and administers medications within scope of practice. Duties include ensuring continuity of quality nursing care through processes and procedures designed to optimize patient safety, comfort and privacy.
- Assesses the patient's needs related to physiologic changes, including thorough and accurate documentation as needed to support safe, quality patient care.
- Provides appropriate patient care and seeks assistance as appropriate and evaluates effectiveness of care given.
- Establishes a compassionate healing environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
- Utilizes knowledge of wound management in planning and providing patient care.
- Effectively collaborates with other health team members in planning and providing care.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within scope of practice. Patient safety is maintained at all times.
- Implements physician orders and obtains signatures on consents.
- Performs procedures accurately, completely and safely according to established policies and procedures and physician orders.
- Provides care with minimal supervision in a timely manner.
- Possesses knowledge of discharge planning needs and assists the Care Coordinator in teaching the patient and family regarding home care as appropriate. Supports plans and directs patient care that fosters patient and family independence. Documents components of discharge planning appropriately.
- Provides patient and family education and discharge instructions.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipates needed supplies and places orders; verifies receipt of supplies and uses equipment and supplies to accomplish patient care goals. Supports and demonstrates fiscal responsibility when using and ordering supplies.
- Advocates the hospital as the best place to heal, to work, and to provide patient care.
- Education & Experience:
- BSN preferred; current RN licensure in good standing with the State of Florida required.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of clinical experience in an OR setting required.
- Current certification in American Heart Association BLS required.