- Naples, FL, USA
- Full Time
Landmark Hospitals is committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients and those we serve. Landmark Hospital of Southwest Florida currently has an exciting opportunity for a PreOP, PACU Charge Nurse to join our dedicated and professional team.
Job Qualifications Graduate of a professional nursing program and licensure as an RN with experience in the pre-op/PACU surgery setting. Special consideration will be given for orthopedic experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Possesses knowledge of and the ability to perform duties in accordance with established standards for the PeriAnesthesia (pre-op/PACU) Unit practices as set forth in the Hospital's policies.
- Adheres to strict Universal Precautions and Blood Borne Pathogens protocol.
- Monitors patient airway and circulation with the assistance of applied monitoring equipment, if applicable.
- Assesses the learning needs of patients and significant others and adapts teaching methods for each situation taking into consideration normal growth and development stages.
- Manages monitoring equipment, fluid lines, tubes, drains and catheters as needed, including support of operative extremity.
- Possesses knowledge of anesthetic agents, techniques, actions and interactions for patients.
- Administers drugs ordered by physician, assesses and documents response and manages drug related problems that occur.
- Administers prescribed treatment modalities as ordered by physician, assesses and documents response and manages problems that occur.
- Demonstrates dysrhythmia recognition and appropriate treatment.
- Uses good judgment in determining appropriate nursing action and exhibits control in emergency situations.
- Makes independent clinical decision, as appropriate, regarding patient's need for nursing care and communicates same to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program by assisting in the planning and implementation of process changes to improve patient care.
- Integrates cost-effective measures into nursing care.
- Graduate of a professional nursing program and licensure as an RN with experience in the pre-op / PACU surgery setting
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Florida
- Current BLS/ACLS certification required
- At least 3 years of experience in PRE/PACU