- Naples, FL, USA
- Full Time
Landmark Hospitals is committed to providing highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients and those we serve. Landmark Hospital of Southwest Florida currently has an exciting opportunity for a Cook to join our dedicated and professional team.
Position Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to prepare food in accordance with prescribed patient diet specifications, facility procedures directed by the Clinical Dietitian and Chef Manager to ensure optimum food quality service.
You will be responsible for:
- Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients' food production.
- Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food.
- Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed.
- Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets.
- Set up and garnish patient and dining.
- Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following AHCA and HACCP Guidelines.
- Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated.
- Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food.
- Attends culinary production meetings for effective team communication.
What will you need?
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- One year of foodservice experience in a high volume culinary production capacity required.
- Knowledge of cooking methods required.
- Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction in English.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Experience in institutional healthcare or hospitality industry preferred.