- Athens, GA, USA
- Full Time
We are searching for either a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) to join our dedicated and professional team!
We are a private, small LTAC hospital where we are truly one team working together in a positive environment. With the average length of stay around 25-30 days, we get the privilege of having a more meaningful connection with our patients and actually being able to see them recover.
Summary: Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting care activities in accordance with hospital standards in order to deliver efficient, effective, and quality patient care. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served.
The Advanced Practice Nurse or Mid-Level Practitioner performs at an advanced practice level which shall include, but not be limited to:
- Providing direct Nursing care to a selected population of patients
- Managing the care of patients with complex nursing problems
- Enhancing patient care by integrating the competencies of clinical practice, education, consultation, and research
- Post Graduate Degree in Nursing w/clinical specialization preparation to function in an expanded role or Physician Assistant
- APRN license in State of GA with specialty certification from a national certifying organization recognized by the State Board of Nursing and a certificate of recognition from the State Board of Nursing or Physician Assistant
- Minimum 1-3 years of clinical experience (critical care)
- BLS, ACLS certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team, detail and goal oriented
- Positive, professional and empathetic demeanor
Landmark Hospital of Athens is the premier Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital in Northeast Georgia. The hospital has built a solid reputation for providing the very best patient care and excellent customer service. This excellence is due to the tireless efforts of the experienced and competent staff of physicians, nurses, other clinicians and support personnel, who are dedicated to being the best at what they do.
Keywords: NP, PA, advanced practice nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, LTAC, hospital
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.