- Naples, FL, USA
- Full Time
Landmark Hospitals of Southwest Florida has an exciting opportunity for a Wound/Ostomy Nurse (RN) to join our dedicated and professional team!
We are a private, small LTAC hospital with 50 beds where we are truly one team working together in a positive environment. There is not an Emergency Room here, so our days are more predictable and planned, meaning better work/life balance. With the average length of stay around 25-30- days, we get the privilege of having a more meaningful connection with our patients and actually being able to see them recover.
Summary: Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing practice (wound care, wound/ostomy). Develops and ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific patient population. Will work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Dietary Therapy, Social Work and Dialysis.
- Provides initial and on-going education and support for nursing and support staff to ensure high quality patient care (staff education)
- Consults with physicians, other providers and nursing staff caring for wound/ostomy patients
- Utilizes clinical expertise to identify high-risk patients and develop a plan of care in collaboration with the staff
- Designs and implements an initial and on-going evaluation of the wound care program based on metrics, quality measures and patient outcomes
- Incorporates quality improvement activities to ensure success, compliance and improved patient outcomes
- Serves as an advocate for patients/families in regard to decisions affecting the plan of care
- Active RN License (State of FL)
- Certification in Wound Ostomy Nursing (CWON)
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years plus of clinical experience
- BLS certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team, detail and goal oriented
- Positive, professional and empathetic demeanor
Join our small and growing family where everyone knows your name, even the CEO!