- Joplin, MO, USA
- Full Time
$3000.00 Sign-on Bonus for FT Day and Night Positions!!!
Landmark Hospital of Joplin is searching for Registered Nurses (RN) with ICU or Medical-Surgical experience to join our team!
We are a private, small LTAC hospital with 30 beds where we are truly one team working together in a positive environment. There is not an Emergency Room here, so our days are more predictable and planned meaning better work/life balance. With the average length of stay around 25-30- days, we get the privilege of having a more meaningful connection with our patients and actually being able to see them recover.
Summary: Responsible for the assessing, planning, delivery and evaluating each level of nursing care provided to patients throughout their stay. Will also actively plan for the management of patient outcomes across the continuum of care. Assist in the treatment of acutely ill patients with life-threating conditions, in settings requiring continuous vigilance, complex assessment, and high-intensity therapies and interventions.
Working with the patients and their families, RNs strive to create healing, humane and caring environments while also focusing on patient advocacy, working in settings such as intensive care units and cardiac care units, where patients require complex assessment, high-intensity therapies and interventions, and continuous nursing vigilance.
Will work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Wound Care, Dietary Therapy, Social Work and Dialysis.
- Conducting comprehensive patient assessments
- Providing care for patients and management of their conditions, with regard to vital signs and lab work
- Collaborating with Physicians and various disciplines within the hospital in order to manage patient care
- Assisting the medical staff with in-house procedures
- Interacting and communicating with patient family members
- RN License (MO)
- Minimum 1 year of ICU &/or TCU (stepdown) experience
- Hospital experience
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to assess patients quickly in emergency situations in stressful environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team, detail and goal oriented
- Positive, professional and empathetic demeanor
About us: Landmark Hospital of Joplin is the premier Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital of the four states area. This hospital has built a solid reputation for providing the very best patient care and excellent customer service. Join our team, where everyone, including the CEO, knows your name!
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Keywords: ICU, CCU, medical, surgical, hospital, RN, registered nurse, LTAC, LTACH